Thursday, March 2, 2017

Thankful Thursday #8

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Every week I hope to share something I am thankful for.

This week I'm thankful for mercy.

We had some severe storms come through overnight Tuesday into early Wednesday. We once lived in a mobile home in Tornado Alley so I know how dangerous these storms can be. This one woke me from a dead sleep at 5:am. I had my flashlight, cell phone, and pets halfway to the basement as the power went out. No warnings were issued, it wasn't a tornado. We spent most of yesterday cleaning up, resetting the rabbit hutch, and retrieving roofing from the neighbor's fields. Thankfully though, no critters were hurt, the power came back on, and the cost of repairs will be mostly sweat and elbow grease. It could have been so much worse!
Roofing from the hay shed impaled on the mower rake

Tiles missing from the old feed shed

My poor bunnies- shook up but unhurt. The mess behind them is the portable carport we used for shade over them.
Ornamental Bamboo showing the kitties which way the wind blew.




4 comments:

  1. I'm glad no one was injured- these spring severe storms are scary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow! So glad you made it through the storm. You are my second blogger today to talk about major storms. It's been cold and snowing here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cold and snow flurries here today. Winter is having a hard time making up it's mind this year!

      Delete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.