Monday, March 6, 2017

In the Works

Busy, busy, busy! I think I've bitten off more than I can chew. Even though I don't have a deadline for most of my projects, I don't like having unfinished things cluttering up my mind. This week I'm determined to finish them all!

On the crochet hook- a soft little blanket for my first grandchild. He will be here in July and I want to have the blanket ready for a baby shower.

On the crafting table- a Thanksgiving themed wreath for a charity auction coming up. I've got yards of tulle to cut and wrap and knot around it still.

On the bookshelf- I'm still trying to finish reading "The Joy of Spinning." The first chapter reeled me in good so I think I can get through it in a couple of evening sessions, if I leave it within easy reach on the night stand.

In the kitchen- I have an unopened box of green coffee beans that includes some new varieties I've never sampled before. It's like Christmas! But I haven't had time to get any roasting done. The actual process takes less than 10 minutes per batch. That doesn't include set-up or clean-up though.

In the basement- All of the seed starting stuff has been organized and is waiting for me to actually start the seeds.

In the goat pen- I'm still waiting on goat babies. My kidding supplies are all set to go but I haven't hauled out and sanitized the milking supplies yet.

And finally,
In the chicken coop- I'd like to set up a separate Silkie chicken pen this week so I can get some pure bred eggs.

That doesn't seem like too much for a person to handle in a week does it? I'm sure I can get it all done! Goals, people. They make a homesteader's world go round.
Just. Don't. Get. Dizzy.

2 comments:

  1. And next week there will be a new set of goals, the lists are never ending, I have that book The Joy of Spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late. I'm already dizzy this week, ha ha! So. Much. To. Do.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.