Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thankful Thursday

Last year I selected Ecclesiastes 9:10 as my inspirational verse for 2016. This year I gave it a lot of thought and decided to go with 1 Thessalonians 5:18 which says:
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Every week I hope to share something I am thankful for. So let's get started now!

This week I am thankful we switched to miniature bucks. Our doe is still full sized but her offspring are smaller which means we get smaller cuts of meat- more user friendly for 2 people! This morning I put a roast in the slow cooker and I did NOT have to wrangle, chop, or throw a fit before I finally gave up and  put it into a big roaster pan for the oven.! Win! (Cue the fireworks and ticker tape!)


Now it's your turn- what are you thankful for this week?


4 comments:

  1. I am VERY thankful to God that I found out this week that my previously broken foot does not have to be re-broken by the doctor. It is not totally healed and will take a lot more time and even more medical taping until it is pain free, but at least no surgical breaking of bones! Thank you Jesus! As always, Bora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful news! Prayers for the time to pass quickly!

      Delete
  2. I'm thankful for the garden bounty I stocked up on over summer. My car is being used by my one daughter, because hers is broken down, and I have no way to get to a store. It's been a blessing to cook with supplies I put up, and make a healthy meal from it all.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.