Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Winter TIME

Does Daylight Savings Time mess up your routine? I have the hardest time adjusting to it. Just when my body is starting to get used to the fewer daylight hours, the government goes and changes the clock on me! Lately I've been having a hard time staying awake until 9:00 PM and then my eyes snap open at 3:30 AM. It takes about an hour for me to convince myself to go back to sleep and then at 5:00 AM I have to drag myself out of bed.

You might think that my being retired from working and living on a homestead would allow me to ignore the clock, just get up and go to bed when I want. But there are doctor appointments to keep as well as church services and meetings to attend. For now, if I have an evening event to attend, my chickens are on lock down because the rabbit cages are in their run and I have to keep nighttime predators away. Nighttime is 6:30 pm!

I guess you could say I am not a fan of Daylight Savings Time. Or maybe I'm just cranky due to lack of sleep.

3 comments:

  1. I hate the clocks changing throws me out for weeks on end, its dark here at 5pm now and not daylight until 8am so a very short day and long night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I am not adjusting well either. I was in pajamas at 4:30pm, and we have a meeting at the high school at 7pm. It is so hard for Hubby and I to stay dressed until 7pm anymore. Yeah, I was up at 2am, and at 3am, still awake. This stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone says spring ahead is the worst...I am not so sure. Sleep is eluding both of us as it does every fall after the time change. I wish it was one way or the other. Full time, no changes.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.