Thursday, September 15, 2016

Prescription for Homesickness

For those who don't know- my DH is a traveling worker. He's on the road for weeks at a time and is home for a few days a month. He makes a good living and his income is what makes it possible for me to stay home full time to tend critters and bake bread. But sometimes I get the feeling he is missing home more than usual. It begins with the more frequent "I miss you" texts and snowballs from there. I'm pretty sure the amount of time it takes to get homesick is directly related to the amount of time it takes to forget how busy he was the last time he was home. So I've been working on a cure for the next time the malady strikes and I think I've come up with the perfect one. I call it "HoneyDo." I'm working on the dosage instructions right now. Here's the rough draft with a screen shot of the current formulation:

Dose: Open and meditate on one full dose of "HoneyDo" on the day the memories of home cooked meals and goat kisses start to overshadow the memories of sore muscles and empty billfolds. Repeat as often as necessary.

I'm pretty sure the homesick gene will mutate quickly so the strength or formulation may need to be adjusted frequently to prevent a lack of resistance. Fortunately this homesteader is fond of natural remedies and will enjoy the research and development aspect of new "HoneyDo" remedies.  

2 comments:

  1. great idea my hubby is away through the week but is back home at week ends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The honey do list is never ending anyway :)

      Delete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.