Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Smoked Paprika

Have you been following the FDA reports on the "Pathogen and Filth in Spices?"* 

Since I first heard of the study last year, I've been trying to build up and improve my own spice stocks. I've been growing my own sage, basil, rosemary, and cayenne peppers. Something new for this year: I grew my own paprika peppers. 

Last week I got DH to smoke some of the paprika peppers! After they were smoked, I put them in the dehydrator.

This morning they were nice and crispy so into the grinder they went.

Now I have a homemade smoky, sweet, mild paprika.

2 comments:

  1. Now thats interesting I will add it to my list for next year, I use paprika a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good. This variety was called Hungarian Paprika.

      Delete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.