Friday, June 3, 2016

Stuff and More Stuff

It's time to work on organization again because in a few short weeks, I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in canning and freezing garden surplus. I don't mind the clutter of a work in progress, but some things are starting to get on my nerves. There's rabbit bottles and extra egg cartons piled in the mudroom, a bag of goat minerals and the box of garden seeds on the kitchen table, and the big bag of barn cat food has taken up residence in the bathroom. That's just the stuff I'm not too embarrassed to mention. There's no judgement here, right? Ugh!

Tomorrow is poop scooping day and the next day is Sunday (2 trips to church will take up most of that one.) Monday I have a doctor appointment in town.  I've also got bread to bake and a head of cabbage waiting to be turned into sauerkraut. So maybe the stuff will get to sit around a few more days before I find a place to keep it. Until then, if a "Hoarders" tv van shows up in my driveway... I might just sign up!

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how all those little things add up and get left in the wrong spots. I could spend days just taking care of such things around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that, in the wee hours of the morning, our "stuff" has taken to multiplying, too. I've been thinking a phased re-evaluation and re-organization is on my do-to list when I'm able. (If I don't start separating the "stuff" from each other it will likely take over.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Isn't that life though. But a sign of an interesting person! Why doesn't nice things multiply instead of clutter! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I became a "hobby farmer", my house was oh-so-neat and tidy! LOL Now, I've got seeds drying in the dining room, tomatoes all over the counter, goat medicine on the dry sink, milking bucket in the washroom sink....you get the idea. Don't worry about the clutter. We all have it, and sometimes we even try to put some of it away!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.