Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Peace! And Quiet!

DH returned to work today after having a week of "vacation." The first part of the week he was busy! He fixed the lawn mower, got the bees set-up, cleaned out and repaired the deep freeze, finished planting the garden, rebuilt the chicken roost, and cleaned the coop. Then I went to the doctor for my knee and was told to stay off of it as much as possible. So DH took over all my chores as well. It was chaotic at first but he managed to get all the important stuff done. He even found time to construct a new flag pole (he's wanted one for our place forever.) We took a little time to do some leisurely things, too. Our town has a huge Revolutionary War era reenactment every year that we try not to miss. And we visited the local military museum finally. So "vacation" wasn't all r&r this year. But it also wasn't all work. We enjoyed hanging out in the back yard and visiting some local stuff, too.

It was really neat to see what it will be like when he is no longer working on the road. We had lots of time for normal everyday activities. We got on each other's nerves. And we enjoyed some alone time. Now that he's gone, I'll pick my pace up to fill in the void. But for a little bit this morning I enjoyed the quiet...it lasted for like 10 minutes while the goats were eating!
video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.