Monday, May 9, 2016

Monday Marriage Tip

We're working on our 32nd year of marriage. Along the journey, I've picked up some little tidbits of wisdom that I try to keep in mind to make the way easier. I've decided to share them with you- free of charge!- on Mondays. Here is number 1:

Try to Forget
For example, if your spouse accidentally mows down all your raspberry bushes, it's best not to remember that fact when (16 years later) you see his prize rose bush creeping into the goat pen. Just suck it up and tie that bush back where your goats can't reach it. At the very least, don't "accidentally" forget to mention it to him, no matter how much you really loved those raspberry bushes. What's done is done. Let. It. Go.  Nobody wins when you try to keep score because you are both on the same team! (Did I mention I love raspberries?) I'd love to tell you more about it but I'm off to tie up a rosebush.

6 comments:

  1. LOL Or if they pull out a plant that isn't a weed! Married 56 years this June. I am a Michigander trying to be a Hoosier girl. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby destroyed LOTS of things, trying to HELP me in my garden....I still cringe when I think about it, so I try not to think about it! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. married 6 years here, totally agree with the keeping score, there can be no winners when you compete against your own team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creeping up on 34 years here. Yeah, we've both done stuff like that although if one was to make a tally, I'm probably the worst offender. De is pretty good at biting her tongue through the frequent opportunities I supply for keeping score.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.