Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Garden Planning

The wind is blowing hard, the temperature is dropping, snow is flurrying, and I do not want to go outside at all! DH had to leave this morning to go back to work but before he did, he fed and watered all the critters. I'm really thankful I got to stay inside most of the day! I finished my crocheted hat and started reading "The Accidental Farmers." In between I worked on our seed order. This year we received a gift certificate to Southern Exposure Seed Exchange for Christmas. What a blessing! It just arrived last week and we spent a lot of time poring over the catalog, discussing seeds and checking out our inventory. We added some new things to try; popcorn and okra. Tomorrow I will mail the order off and wait impatiently for the arrival of the seeds. We also made a rough draft of a garden plan so we would have an idea of how many plants to start. It's a lot of scribbling and nowhere near scale but I thought I'd share it anyway. 


4 comments:

  1. We love our popcorn. It's the best popcorn I've ever tasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind do you plant? I went with Strawberry this year.

      Delete
  2. Southern Exposure is a pretty good company. You might also try Victory, Botanical Interests and Baker Creek. Baker Creek has very good shipping rates but Victory has better quantities. We can't wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions! I am actually going to try to get to the Baker Creek festival in May. I've never heard of Victory, will check them out!

      Delete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.