Thursday, October 8, 2015

If You Give A Girl A Critter

Wondering what goes along with having homestead critters? Several things actually: equipment!!- feeders, waterers, shelter, brooders, lights, cages, hoses, and a supply of food, a good water source, and the list goes on. My DH has been busy this passed week building and repairing, and stocking up on feed and hay. He only had a few days off but he got a week's worth of hard work done.

We had to replace the cover on our hay feeder (ya know, so the goats won't get rained on while they're munching...shudder)












We needed a new, more permanent play pen for the chicks in the coop.















Some of the feed barrels were getting close to empty.











After all that was said and done, he took off to load and unload close to 40 bales of hay, cleaned up and stored all the summer fans, and stacked a winter's supply of firewood for the workshop. Whew! I sure hope he doesn't second guess his decision to let this girl have her critters!

2 comments:

  1. Love my girl and her critters. I enjoy the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! And oddly enough, less the goat feeder, I have almost the same list of tasks on my 'to do' list.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.