Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Back Home Again

We've been away to California visiting our sailor. It was a great time. His ship hosted a "Friends and Family" Day. We got to tour the boat, watch the planes come and go, eat a ton of food and meet some neat people from all over the country.
We also spent a day touring the island where his base is and drove up to Yosemite National Park for a day. We took a little detour through Hollywood on the way back so I could get a picture of the sign. It was a great trip and I was so excited to see my son. He will be shipping out soon and it could be a few years before I see him again.
We got home yesterday and after a day of unpacking and checking on the critters (all in fine shape thanks to an awesome critter sitter) we crashed!
We're having a major heat wave this week (today's heat index was 111*) so I'm taking my sweet time at outdoor chores, working in spurts. Thanks to our vacation I'm re-charged and ready to go!
flags on a ship

View of San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.