Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Care Taking and Homesteading

Last week was filled with taking elderly relatives to doctor appointments and sitting in the hospital with a critically ill mom. Mom is improving but the other's doctor visits are still taking up some time.

Meanwhile on the homestead front: animals are getting quick basic care and the garden is still in a box from the garden center. I dried up the goat, who has time for milking? All meals are fast food consumed in the car or reheated at home - except for the delicious ones from the hospital cafeteria. Yeah, right.

Sorry for the lapse in blogging. I hope to be back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Home your mom is 100% soon and you can get back to this fun we call homesteading! Sorry to hear you had to dry up your goat....man, I don't even want to think about having NO goat's milk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOPE, not HOME! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoosier Girl do take care of yourself, too. I've been through that routine with both my Dad who passed away at 89 a number of years ago, and my Mom who's now 86. The doctors and hospitals routine can be grueling, so make sure you're getting the rest and good food you need, too.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.