Thursday, May 7, 2015

Adventures on the Home Front

It's only 3:00 in the afternoon and I have to take a break. The day has been filled with one adventure after another!

It started out like any other boring normal day but I poked around and had a second cup of coffee before heading out to do the chores- where I ran smack dab into a STAMPEDE. Now, our chicken coop has a little automatic door that lets the feathered warriors out into the great buggy kingdom of our back yard. It opens up at 9:30, plenty of time for them to have outside to conquer the insect invaders, but I usually let them out the big door when I feed. Since I was a few minutes late- they were mustering at the door and I BARELY got out of the way in time. PSHEW

I knew the weather forecast for the next few days had rain it it, so after the critters were fed I headed out for the big snake round-up. Round and round I went, on my Troy-Bilt snake killing machine. I looked high and low but the rascals must have headed for the hills because I saw not one. My yard did have a nice mowed look to it when I got done though.

Giving up on the snake hunt, I headed into the back yard to hang the laundry. Seems like a simple, mundane task, right? Nope, not at my house. At my house, one must dodge landmines to hang laundry. Chase and Daisy are in charge of landmine deployment and they haven't got the memo to stop placing them under the clothesline yet. Sigh. Happily there were not casualties today.

If you've noticed, all of today's adventures have been met face on by myself alone, but don't let that lead you to believe that my social life is lacking. Uh-uh. In fact, I also spent a good bit of time matchmaking today. Yep, I paired up several lost soles. Two of them are still looking for the perfect mate but I have hopes that someday a Hanes and a Fruitoftheloom can be united without any tongue wagging.

2 comments:

  1. Giggle, giggle, snort.You made me laugh out loud for real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is with the landmines under the clothesline? Is that like something dogs learn in some dog email or what? I always remind my dog that there are five acres in which to do his business but for some reason his business goes best under the clothesline. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.