Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Wonderful Thing About Hubbies...

.... is hubbies are wonderful things! They fix things and make money and kill snakes and cuddle. One of the things I like about my OWN hubby is the interesting, funny, heated, and sometimes lengthy conversations we have. Here are two from the last couple of weeks I'll share.

Conversation 1. (Setting: poultry aisle of the farm store)
Me: Honey, (I always call him honey in public or else he thinks I'm talking to myself.) Honey, I think we should get some of these plastic founts that fill from the top.
Him: (while looking at everything else in the aisle) huh?
Me: You know, these plastic waterers for the chickens....that fill from the top....that don't rust.
Him: Hmm? Did you say something?
Me: (repeat line one in the conversation)
Him: Those won't work on our heater base.
Me: I know, I just meant for the summertime...for when we fill them up with the hose...to save the metal ones for winter.
Him: I don't think that's a good idea. I figured out how to repair the metal ones. What else is on the list?
End of  conversation

Conversation 2. About a week later (Setting: Over the phone, DH in out of town farm store and myself at home.)
Him: Honey, (he always calls me honey on the phone so people will know he's talking to his wife.) Honey, I found these really neat poultry founts. They fill from the top. And they would be easy to clean and use with the hose. Since they're plastic they won't rust. I'm sending you a picture so you can see if they're available at our farm store. I bet you'll like them.
Me: But they won't work on our heater base.
Him: I know but we will save the metal ones to use for that.
Me: Why didn't I think of that?

Mmhmm. It's a good thing he's cute and funny and smart and did I mention cute? Hubbies really are wonderful!


2 comments:

  1. oh that is funny! My hubby does that too! i'll read out a really long article about something of interest, we'll will proceed to have a pretty long discussion about it, the very next day he will start to read out the headline to me! give me strength! lol :) New follow from me :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.