Sunday, April 26, 2015

Bedtime Reading

We (DH and I) have gotten into the habit of  Bible reading together in the evenings. Even when he is out of town we spend a few minutes on the phone reading a chapter to each other before we sign off for the night. It's precious to me, more than I can say in a blog post.

The last few evenings, however, we've skipped the reading because DH is in a lot of pain. He needs to get to bed early to rest his back for the next day of work. So I've been reading by myself and as I opened my Kindle to read, I realized I had stopped reading just for pleasure. It used to be something I did several days a week. I don't know why I stopped but I did. And I miss it.

So I went to Amazon and put a new book on my Kindle. I chose The Swiss Family Robinson to start with. I've watched the movie version before but have never read the book- can't imagine why? Anyway, I started it last night and had a hard time putting it down. If my eyes hadn't been so heavy I would have read way too long. The family devotion to God and each other, the adventures, the thrill of the unknown, and the way they used their resources and wits... all are brought out much more vividly in the book.

I'm going to try to pace myself so I can absorb it better but I know it won't last long. So help me out people and recommend a book to read when this one is done.

1 comment:

  1. Swiss Family Robinson is a wonderful book. I last read it in my teens over 40 years ago and still remember how much I enjoyed it, although many of the details of the story have passed out of memory. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.