Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

As I was feeding the goats yesterday, I noticed Ronnie was "talking" to her babies. She would tilt her head around to her side and make a quiet moaning sound. I remembered her doing this during her other pregnancies shortly before birth and I mentioned to DH that I thought her delivery would be sooner than I liked.

This morning when I went out to feed, her udder was full to busting and her sides were a little sunken in. Plus, she was a little skittish. When I walked around her backside I saw a smear of blood and my heart sank. I thought for sure she had aborted early. 

I ran through to the other pen and found 3 little fur balls on the floor in the shed- all cleaned, breathing and tummies full! Talk about relief, I almost sank to the floor myself!

So, a little earlier than I would have liked, I have 2 bucklings and 1 doeling! Winter temps are returning tonight so I probably will be bringing them inside shortly but for now everyone is happily hanging out with Mama!

Don't forget to register for the Johnny's Seeds gift certificate giveaway! Click here to enter! Maybe you will get a lucky surprise too!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! And three of them! Congratulations and all.

    I'm working on the contest but, as you have read, got slowed down a little on the way. Tired, but doing much better again today.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.