Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Rooster Tale

 Once upon a time...
 I wanted a rooster or two. So we went to the auction and I came home with a couple of fine looking boys. The one we named Boston became a terrorizing monster (he's the evil villain in this story.) He attacked from the front and the rear. He left bruises in places I needed a mirror to see.  I swear I overheard him plotting to tie me to the railroad tracks!

 Needless to say, Boston had to go. So my DH  knight in shining armor packed his little butt up and sent him to freezer camp. Then we celebrated with a "Boston" tea party! Boy howdy, was I glad to see him go!

 The other day, as I was rummaging through the freezer, I found a package marked with bold, black sharpie "BOSTON-ROO." I decided it was time to take that bird off the ice and send him to a new destination- Oven Camp. So today I have a roaster full of a villainous bad boy. And every time I smell that wonderful aroma of chicken goodness, I can't help but smile and think to myself- "Welcome to happily ever after, Boston."

2 comments:

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.