Monday, June 23, 2014

Toad Found In Cabbage

 Sounds like one of those disgusting headlines, doesn't it?  You know the ones I mean: "Frog Found in Lettuce" or "Mouse Discovered in Canned Soup."

 I was very excited to see a toad in the garden today. In the years past, we have been overrun with them (picture wavy lines in the freshly mowed yard from toad dodging with a riding mower!) Unfortunately they all disappeared this year. I suspect they went on to find shadier pastures since we had all our trees trimmed. I miss them- a lot.

 I didn't get time to snap a pic of Mr./Miss Toad. But trust me he/she was there! By the way, am I the only one who, instead of being grossed out by the thought of  a frog in someone's bag of salad, am VERY curious as to why the frog died? What in the world did they do to that lettuce that it would kill a frog??? Hmmm.

6 comments:

  1. My hubby found a mouse tail in a can of tuna years ago. He won't touch the stuff now :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't THINK I've found any animal parts in food....at least ones that I didn't WANT in there. I LOVE our toads! We have a resident that lives underneath the porch and comes out at night when we turn on the porch light to catch bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just fun. I don't know how many times I had to tell my daughter that when her brothers were chasing her with a handful of peeing toad :)

      Delete
  3. We don't have toads where I live, but I am not fond of cutting lettuce and putting it in the colander in the sink, or on the counter for a minute, only to find a dozen earwigs running around! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to Google "earwigs" to see what you were talking about, LOL. I never knew what those icky bugs were called. Ugh is right!

      Delete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.