Monday, June 30, 2014

A Prayer

Not every visitor here is a believer. If this is the case for you, please feel free to skip today's post and come back tomorrow. This post has religious content.

It's the middle of a sleepless night for this Hoosier Girl who is worrying about her DH- the man she loves and misses while he's working in New York state this month. He got hurt on the job a few days ago and is in a lot of pain. I'm going to share my petition to our Heavenly Father, to calm my soul and so DH will know my thoughts when he reads this.

My prayer:
Dear Father
Thank you for all you've given me and all you've done for me. My biggest blessing has been the life partner you provided- a man to love me, a friend to laugh with, a provider and protector.
Thanks for his smart mind that solves our dilemmas, finds our solutions, and seeks my opinion whether he needs it or not.
And also for his kind heart- the compassion and patience of this guy could only come from you. I know I test his limits (don't forget I'm working on that!)
But, Father, his body is broken. His pain is intense. Tonight I ask you to heal him and take the pain away. Get him to the best medical help as soon as possible. Give us the ability to accept Your will. And may we never forget the ultimate sacrifice you've already made for us.
I ask for all this in the name of your son and our Savior, Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

  1. Sending thoughts of healing for your husband, and for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Carolyn. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

      Delete
  2. I hope that with the days that have lapsed he is doing much better, but a Prayer is being said the blessed Sunday, just in case.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.