Friday, February 28, 2014

Am I the Only One?

Am I the only one who has to give herself a stern lecture before entering the farm store? I have plenty of chickens, yessiree. But those little peeps are right there under the spotlight, chirping for me to come and get them....

Am I the only one who is sick or winter? I'm all excited because our high temperature is going to be 40 degrees today. But the forecast for the weekend is 3-7 inches of snow and iced....

Am I the only one goes all gung-ho into a crochet project and then loses momentum? I've got a mountain of a yarn stash and it all is dedicated to started patterns....

Am I the only one who can't go outside without a treat in her pocket? Does anyone else's guest get treated to shrieks of, "Don't throw that away! The chickens/rabbits/goats will eat it."??? Because some critter WILL eat it and I'll get nasty looks if I don't bring them something....

"What's in YOUR pocket?"

2 comments:

  1. Where I live, the farm stores take pre-orders and pre-payment for chicks before the hatchery starts to incubate the eggs. That discourages impulse buys and folks from taking chicks home without being ready to brood them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy my chicks later, maybe late April/May. That way they're not inside as much, and can be outside sooner. I get mine directly from a large, local hatchery. Great pullets, and no breed mistakes. 2 Iocal feed stores had things all goofed up, label wise. Never again. I made the mistake of buying my first chicks on spring break, last week of March. WAY too much inside time!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.