Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Catching Up

 I guess I've been jealous more times than I can count of homesteaders who have lots of land. I've looked at my little acre with the little chicken coop and little goats and little garden and thought, "if only." If only I had more room I could have more chickens and more goats and more veggies and more.... Of course, God likes to remind me every once in a while that I should really just be thankful for what I have. Because more of any of those things would also bring more expenses and more responsibilities that I just don't have the time nor health for.

 I finished up October by spending lots of time in the emergency room and hospital with my sick grandma. It's tiring to sit for hours in a hospital room- running back and forth to feed critters. But she's on the mend for now and I'm thankful her hospital was close enough to do that. DH's work has slowed down so he's been around more to help out.

 November brought with it our 30th wedding anniversary- quite an accomplishment for a city girl and a country boy who tied the knot before they were old enough to know better. We've had our share of ups and downs- struggling through poverty, raising 4 children, moving cross country, long work related separations, laughing, and loving.

 So after we got got my grandma settled back at her place, we took off for a much needed celebration/vacation. We spent a very relaxing week in St. Augustine Florida- something we never could have done if God had given me my "more land, more critters, more, more, more." I'm glad He knows what He's doing!

With my Hoosier Hubby at the base of the St. Augustine lighthouse.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, on your wedding anniversary! God does seem to know best. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your anniversary. It is amazing how God works!! I am also glad to hear that your Grandmother is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.