Friday, April 19, 2013

On The Road

 Here I am, in Florida. Again. DH is here for business. It looks like he will be here for a while. Maybe I will be, too. It seems my heart is always in a battle between home and companionship. This time companionship won. But I brought some of home with me:


So my funny questions for today are, "do I look up the translation for homemade toothpaste and deodorant? Or do I let the non-English speaking housekeepers wonder?"              Hehehe!

Seriously though, I have been pondering the idea of sustainability when one is "on the road." How can a person make changes to have less of an impact on the environment- while living in a motel? Hmmm. When I'm along, DH does always try to get extended-stay type lodging so we do a lot of meals using real cookware and service. I try to spot where the locals go shopping. We do our best to control how often the towels and bedding are changed. I guess in small ways we do our part. Anybody got any tips or tricks up their sleeves? Chime in quick- before the gardening bug hits me so bad that I have to go home and play in the dirt!


1 comment:

  1. You have a really great site! I love how useful a lot of your topics are. I was wondering if we could exchange shout-outs. Would you please consider mentioning my website on your next post? I’ll be sure to mention yours on my blog in return. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.