Friday, February 15, 2013

Homestead Valentines

 My DH made it home for Valentine's night! That happens almost never. Before I left him in St. Louis, I made sure to share my respiratory infections with him (hey, in this marriage, everything is community property!) So we didn't plan a night out. Instead I made a pot of homegrown chicken and noodles and we celebrated love with homemade gifts.
 In spite of his illness, DH wrote me a poem that included the number of years, months, days, hours and minutes of our marriage. It was so special and had to have taken quite a bit of time and math skills since we've been married for 29 years! And he got from me a "love coupon" good for one hour of garage companionship with no whining. (That's no small sacrifice on my part-the garage is not my favorite place to be.) All in all, it was a very nice evening!
 Since I'm not feeling well, I've kept all the outside chores to a minimum. I didn't throw the traditional lettuce seed out in the garden yesterday. But I did think about my grandpa-the one who always said to plant lettuce on Valentine's Day. And we will get that seed out sometime in the next day or so! Last year, there was about an inch of snow on the ground when I tossed it out. That lettuce turned out really well so I don't want to wait too long this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.