Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This is "IT"

Ever wonder what Heaven smells like? I couldn't find a reference to it in my Bible (not saying it isn't there- I just couldn't find it!) But if I had to guess, this would be "it"....
"sniff, sniff. mmmmm"  
 My very first attempt at fresh roasted coffee was a huge success! Yep, I'm totally a coffee snob now. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to the store bought stuff. Ever. I was amazed at how quick and easy the whole process was, literally less than 20 minutes to roast, grind and brew my first pot, although it might have taken longer if the weather hadn't been so cold (to cool the roasted beans.)
 If you're curious about doing it yourself, check out this awesome website. Not only does Sweet Maria's have excellent tutorials and advice, but they also sell green coffee beans. I was very satisfied with the service I received and I'm still learning a lot- so they are bookmarked!

3 comments:

  1. I have never roasted beans but love the smell of freshly ground coffee beans. Sigh.

    PS I was kind of hoping for flower fragrances and no pollution. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JMD- Lilacs? Roses? Lily of the Valley! It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. I'm already a coffee snob. I saw this post and thought, yup, time to take snobbishness to a whole new level.

    Nothing wrong with wanting to do something that creates a better product - better not faster! Definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.