So over the winter we had time to rethink how our rabbit management worked and didn't work. It was an easy task to do while we were enjoying a yummy rabbit stew, bbq'd rabbit sandwiches, and rabbit with noodles. So now that the freezer is nearing empty, we have a renewed drive to raise more of our own rabbits!
We started by putting the cages back in the original location (where there is access to electricity.) DH put some heavy chain around the cages to deter the predators from pulling them off the stand. This stand is horizontal so I won't be reaching up to pull out a heavy tray full of garden-ready recycled rabbit food! And we decided to try (again) with a breeding program.
Then we went to the auction last Friday and got some new rabbits!