Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sandwich Time

 The sandwich generation- boy there are a lot of us. I thought I had dodged the majority of the problems by having my children so young, yep I got 'em raised and out on their own as quick as I could. But sometimes even when your kids are gone, there are things you want to do for them. Right now I'm excited to officially announce on my blog that DD is getting married!!!


Yes, in just a few short months there will be a wedding!!! (Um, yikes?) So we're dress shopping and flower arranging and reception planning. I'm loving every minute of it!
 But also, MIL is in the hospital having lung surgery this week. Last month she had carotid artery surgery (just on one side, they will do the other side after her recovery from lung surgery.)
 Meanwhile, today I sat in the emergency room with my own DM, watching the doctors try to bring her heart rate down. She is fighting an infection that looks like the beginning of pneumonia, also. So the hospital is keeping her also.
 So am I thinking about being sustainable and wondering what I can learn about this lifestyle right now? Of course not. Hey, I'm doing good to run out the door and pitch hay and scratch to everyone before I run to town to look at tulle or take someone to the doctor. Hopefully things will get back to normal and everyone will be healthy in a few days. Until then I'm going to put y'all on the back burner to simmer. Don't worry, I won't leave ya there long enough to get scorched!

2 Corinthians 4:8  We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the soon to be wedding. Sorry to hear about your MIL. God Bless
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww congrats to your daughter! I wish her & her future hubby all the best.

    My lil girl is only 6 & promised me she won't have BF's or get married so no stress for me! (ha! As if I believe that!)

    Hang in there, I will keep you & your family in my prayers & hope for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like we'll both be MIA more often for a while, but that's okay. I'll be keeping all of your situations in praye, the wonderful (congrats!) and the not so wonderful. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.