Monday, January 2, 2012

Looking Forward

Ready for winter!
 I'm not a big fan of New Year resolutions. I like to live in a continual state of improvement. So while it's great to celebrate the beginning of a new calendar year, and to be thankful for the one that just passed, I am not going to set aside a list of promises that I may or may not keep. Instead I'm going to list the things I am looking forward to tweaking in my life!

 1. Sundays- Right now, we have a Lord's Day routine that I am not happy with. First, we meet up with the family that attends our church at morning worship. Then when the services are over, we all head out to a local restaurant to have a nice lunch with the rest of the family that attends other churches. The problem with this is that our money is being spent at a food place(sometimes fat fast food, sometimes family style, always noisy and crowded) when we could be having a nice sit-down meal at home. So I am working on my organization of weekend activities in order to squeeze in a nice meal preparation.

 2. Simplicity- Right now, we have too much clutter. So I'm working on organizing my free time to include a plan of action to get rid of some of the stuff around here. A nice member of a forum I frequent shared this link to a decluttering calender.  http://www.mysimplerlife.com/2012.htm
And I will definitely be checking it out as soon as DH heads back to work. (There is an unwritten rule in our home that states: NOTHING will be disposed of when DH is around to see the deed.)

 3. Learning- It's why I'm here, to share with you what I learn. And I intend to step up the flow of useful information that is practical to this homestead life we're living. One of the ways I do that is by reading the comments that others leave here -so PLEASE share!!

 4. FAITH- It only helps to look forward if I know who will be there. If I put God first, I can count on Him to keep me on the right path!
Psalm 16:8  I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. 

4 comments:

  1. .....Nothing will get disposed of while DH is around to see the deed. LOL! Only thing is, my husband uses that on me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great calendar! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to start off the new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lasagna in the freezer , spaghetti is fast...or brunch...scrambled eggs for a crowd or biscuits and gravy...use the cooking time too to all be together.
    Good to have family together.B.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.