Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Saving a Toilet

chicken tracks in the snow
 Was anyone else really surprised at what Santa brought them for Christmas?  My santa had dropped only one hint about my gift this year. He said, "It's something I know you need."  That was it.  No, "you're gonna like it" or  "it was on your list" or "I know you asked for it once" or "it goes good with goats." No clues at all.
 And I guess I really suck at the guessing game because I didn't see this one coming. AT ALL. There was no box under the tree. He didn't sneak upstairs in the middle of the night to wrap a gift (don't tell him I can hear the wrapping paper rustling through the floor-that's my little secret.) He didn't spend an unusual amount of time down in his workshop. In fact he had been underfoot most of the week-trying to get into the Christmas cookies.  So my mind was working on all the things I need around here. And those things are so few!  I know there's a hole in my boot but that would be up to myself to replace (Santa doesn't buy me things that have a size tag on them- he learned THAT lesson the hard way!)  What could I possibly need that Santa would deem Christmas present worthy??


Well, imagine my surprise when the little elf handing out gifts Christmas day, found a box under the tree with my name on it. And in that box was this little trinket!

Woo hoo! What a great gift!! But stop right there. A camera (in my mind) is not a necessity on a little homestead. So how could my sweet Santa think I possibly NEEDED one?  I was thinking he might have gotten a little confused. But he was quick to point out the SELF PORTRAIT FEATURE on this particular model. And why would a self portrait camera be a necessity on a homestead? I know you're asking yourself this very question, as was I. And my Dear Santa would answer you the same way he answered me: "to SAVE THE TOILET!"  It's been 2 days and I'm still giggling.

3 comments:

  1. When I read this, I was first puzzled, then started really laughing when I read the "other" post.

    Hilarious....but I LOVE your apron. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I am new blogger, and have added you to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie- thanks! I'm still learning about basic sewing :)

    Anon- welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.