|fresh popcorn balls|
I like to make a pyramid out of them for a Christmas table centerpiece. Or they can be wrapped up and added to a food gift. They are also fun to hand out to a youth group or take to a classroom Christmas party!
Grandma's Popcorn Balls
1. Pop up 3 quarts of unsalted popcorn, set aside.
2. In a saucepan melt 6 Tablespoons of butter. Remove from heat.
3. To the melted butter add 3 Cups miniature marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are melted.
4. To the marshmallow mixture add 3 Tablespoons dry Jell-o (I used cherry and lime flavors-one per batch- to get the red and green colors.) Stir until Jell-o is well blended.
5. Pour marshmallow mixture over popped corn. Stir very well.
6. As mixture cools, with well buttered hands, shape into balls. Set aside to cool thoroughly. Wrap individually with plastic wrap or store in a sealed container.