Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Nesting Instinct?

No, I am not expecting! Don't even let an inkling of a thought like that enter your mind!

 But I do have an internal clock that sounds an alarm at this time every year. I don't know if there is a name for it. And I certainly would understand if no one else gets this kind of feeling (after all, I'm a little <different> LOL.) But it is something I feel like sharing. I guess the best way to do that would be to list the symptoms.

 I'll start by mentioning that this morning's feeding round with the animals required a long sleeve shirt. Putting on long sleeves leads to this:
 1. Checking over my stock of crochet needles and yarn, and looking up crochet patterns.
 2. Spending hours online googling soup and stew recipes.
 3. Bringing boxes of sweaters and coveralls out of storage(I swear I just put them up.)
 4. Looking over my Kindle wishlist to see if any of my novel choices have been marked down.
 5. Buying apple cinnamon and pumpkin pie scented candles and extra lamp oil.
 6. Stashing fabric softener sheets under my car seats, chocolate bars in the glove box and my backpacking shovel in the trunk.
 7. Stocking up on broth, canned milk, and jugs of water at the grocery store.
 8. Watching the local orchards for apples(don't even get me started on how bad our fruit trees did this year) to go on sale.
 9. Opening the windows every chance I get to air out the house.
10. Begging a DS or 2 to turn the tv antenna so we can get the Colts games.

Don't get me wrong, fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. None of these symptoms are annoying. I just am amazed at how strong they are. Now satisfy my curiosity by telling me, am I the only one who gets these end-of summer urges? Does anyone else have a little voice saying, "Prepare"? Is there a name for this malady? If not, let's make one up!  I'll volunteer-"fallitis." Surely someone else can do better than that?!?

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear. It's genetic! Sunday I went to WalMart and bought yarn. And a crochet hook. And a new pattern book. And I may have started on a scarf. Oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fall! Especially the scents of warm Fall comfort candles and other smellies! Yup, it's about that time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoosier girl, just visited your blog for the first time and I love it. I too am from Muncie, Indiana, but now live in Virginia with my hubby and 2 great almost grown kids.

    Fall is my favorite season. Yup, I have the same disease and it truly is a welcome one.

    Look forward to reading more.
    Blessings,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.