Tuesday, August 2, 2011

the male ego

Every night I get a phone call from my best friend (he’s been in Detroit for the last month.) And lately that phone call always ends the same way:
DH: Did you blog today?
Me: (usually) yes
DH: Did you say anything about DH?
Me: (usually) no, why?
DH: I just wondered. Well, I’ll go check it out when I hang up.
Then comes the mushy stuff and goodbyes.

Having been married for 27 years has given me plenty of time to learn about how fragile the male ego can REALLY be. And I can take a hint!
Soooo, here is what DH has done lately!

1. Earned the money for the mortgage, utilities, groceries, critter food, vehicles and gas, vet bills, and all the little extras I can’t do without.
2. You want more? Ok, he has also cheered me up, cheered me on, and listened to every complaint, whine, and rant that I could dish out.

You may be feeling the urge to rub this blog post in your poor hubby's face  point out these fine qualities to your own DH but let me say again, the male ego is fragile. So go make a list of all the things he has done for you lately and thank him for every one of them. DH's are a gift!       



Song of Solomon 5:10-16  My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand.
 His head is as the most fine gold, his locks are bushy, and black as a raven.
 His eyes are as the eyes of doves by the rivers of waters, washed with milk, and fitly set.
 His cheeks are as a bed of spices, as sweet flowers: his lips like lilies, dropping sweet
 smelling myrrh.                  
 His hands are as gold rings set with the beryl: his belly is as bright ivory overlaid with
 sapphires.
 His legs are as pillars of marble, set upon sockets of fine gold: his countenance is as
 Lebanon, excellent as the cedars.
 His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem

5 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful idea! I'll have to steal that idea for my blog. I don't have to tell him that it wasn't my idea, do I???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should definitely steal this idea! I'm sure DH er I mean Anonymous would agree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that was sly yet very effective! Good job! And you are right, we should all give credit on a regular basis.

    So glad Anonymous approved! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.