Friday, July 1, 2011

New Address

The goats have moved! DH got the pen finished today and the goats have been relocated.
Lazy in the backyard-before the move
Archie thought it was a grand adventure getting carried to the new place. Ronnie, on the other hand, was quite happy to stay where she was and no amount of persuading was gonna get her to move. I had worked up to getting a lead rope on her but had no success with getting her to walk with it. So it was a struggle. But finally after much pulling we got her in. Now she has decided that she has been placed in an all-you-can-eat buffet!
The new, "happy" place!
 And now my fingers are crossed that we don't have sick goats tomorrow. I've been pulling the limbs from the new pen area and feeding them in the old pen so they aren't getting anything new, just more of it.
 There is definitely going to be an adjustment period. For me that is. No more goat running to greet me when I step out the back door, or squeezing me over because I take up too much room on the swing, or "helping" me clean out the rabbit cages.
 I'm going to hunt up a hankie now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.