Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Country Melodies

Someone actually told me they were jealous of my living in the country with all the "peace and quiet." And I've heard THAT before! My normal reaction is to smile and nod, yeah it's great. But in the back of my mind I am hearing things like:

"PING"



"NAAAAA NAAAAA"



"baa baa" (she has a dainty nicker)



"Thump, thump" -rhythm section 

Sometimes I get:

a lullaby
or

a "soulful howl"
or

Guineas- OH MY 
It's my country orchestra, sometimes in perfect harmony, sometimes a little off-key.
Peaceful? Rarely.    Quiet? Never.   Wonderful? You betcha!

Psalm 98:4  Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise. 

3 comments:

  1. Quiet, hugh? Silly city-folk!

    I just WISH I could get those darned Katydids to SHUT UP at night! I know it seems odd, but I don't mind the sounds of the peepers at night, but the katydids drive me crazy, even though they are both just as loud as the ohter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didn't even think of nighttime noises- the crickets, the hoot owls, the @*&# TREE FROGS!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet in the country??!! LOL Only if you don't have critters! Though I prefer my brand of noise to the racket in town...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.