Sunday, June 5, 2011

Preparing to Store Up

  It sure is hard to sleep in when there is a hungry goat crying for a bottle and a rooster crowing outside! But I sure wanted to.
  Coming home from church today, I passed watermelon farms with the wagons and school buses lined up in neat rows in preparation for the migrant workers who will soon be here.  And the bee hive boxes were standing in the corners of the fields, sure signs that summer is fast upon us. The time to work hard and prepare for winter is now.
  Sometimes I am amazed at just how much physical work there is to do on our tiny bit of land. It seems like for every thing we accomplish there are 2 things added to the list of stuff we WANT to do. Add to that the stuff we NEED to do and it can feel so overwhelming. I'm learning so much from this project- to set priorities, to be thankful for every task that gets completed, to accept that not everything is going to go at the pace I want it to! It sure does make it easier to appreciate what we have when I go to bed wore out knowing that I've put in a full day's work for the good of my home and family.
 
Pro 6:6-9  Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:  Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,  Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.  How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.