Wednesday, June 1, 2011

kids!

Mowing is probably one of my least favorite chores. I tend to let my mind wander while I'm doing it which can make for interesting predicaments, though. While out in the yard today, I was really pondering over how I could make an out of state trip next week while I have a bottle baby goat at home. I usually make arrangements for someone to come out once a day to feed and care for the animals when I am gone. But Archie needs a bottle 3-4 times a day and I couldn't think how I was going to wrangle anyone into making that many trips to my house. I had even called my pet vet to see about boarding him but they wouldn't do it over the weekend. And I can't postpone the trip-it's a wedding! Anyway, while my mind was going over all this, my mower chose to run into a very large rut in my front yard. The front tire sank all the way into this rut and stopped with a jerk when it hit the side of it. Luckily I didn't go flying over the steering wheel but I did hit it hard enough to knock my breath away. The hard part was landing back on the seat which was painful on MY seat. I had totally forgot that 2 of my DSs had left ruts when they backed up to my front door to load up an old tv. I hadn't said anything to them about it then because they were taking the tv to my MIL as a favor to me. Now, however, I was not thinking about the favor part, just the sore butt/rut in my yard part. I planned to call them both and  give them what for as soon as I got my mower unstuck. Just about the time I got it out, though, my DD called to say she would be glad to stay at my house and take care of the animals(including bottle feeding Archie!) while I am gone. Wow! My butt still hurts but my kids really are great.

4 comments:

  1. Aww, sorry about your rear but I'm so happy you have a sitter for Archie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Archie is such a doll,your very lucky. I have a question,I saw you gave a garden tip on momma tea's blog about marigolds and tomatoes. I guess it would be true or you wouldn't have said it but MY BROWN THUMB NEEDS ALL THE HELP IT CAN GET. FROM A SUBURBAN GRAMMA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only did it for the honorable mention in your blog, Mama. You played right into my hands! haha. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, marigolds and tomatoes is a tradition handed down from generation to generation in my family. Kind of like "always plant your leaf lettuce on Valentine's Day." Supposedly some of the bugs that like tomatoes don't like marigolds. It has always helped me....

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.