Saturday, June 25, 2011

Garden Goodies

 I placed an order for some fall planting seeds from a company that was new to me, My Patriot Supply. I found them on a homesteading forum I visit frequently.
 I have never paid much attention to the seed I bought until I watched the documentary "Food, Inc" (which is a definite must watch if you haven't seen it.) Although the part of the movie that focused on seeds was geared toward bigger farms, it sure opened my eyes to a subject that I had never thought about.
 But the reason I am sharing this is because of the excellent customer service I got from the company. I placed my order early one morning (when my internet connection seems to be the best!) and chose the cheapest form of shipping available since I wasn't in a hurry to get the seeds. I received an email that the order had been filled and shipped that same day. AND withing 2 days I had the seeds. Well, I sent them an email thanking them for such prompt delivery AND received a reply that day! All correspondence was a human reply-not a computer generated form. I am impressed.
new seeds!
The selection of seeds wasn't huge, just right for someone like me who doesn't have a lot of acreage. I can't say these are the best seeds ever, I haven't even opened them yet. But I love knowing I got something from an American company who is interested in their customer. I thought the prices were very reasonable also.
If you are interested in heirloom seeds, check them out:  http://www.mypatriotsupply.com/ 

And I got my first cabbages from the garden today! They are huge-even after I took off what the bugs had munched on (happy rabbits later!)
I put the store bought cauliflower in the pic to show the difference in size home grown can make. The only "help" these cabbages got was a little rabbit fertilizer. There are 6 more that will be ready to pick soon. Ooh, I can smell the cabbage rolls now. Yummmm.

What I learned today: Don't text and mow. 'nuf said!





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cabbage! Excellent work, both God and gardener! I can't wait until I'm able to harvest one of those. We're FAR from that point up here in the north, but it will come (I hope and pray). :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.