Monday, May 2, 2011

Rainy Day Projects

My yard is turning into a pond. I'm thinking the next animal I add to our little place could be a duck! Nothing going on outside again today. Here's what I got started on INSIDE:

This is a panoramic jigsaw puzzle and the first row of the afghan. The puzzle will take forever because I don't have the patience for it. I haven't actually crocheted anything in several years so I chose a beginner pattern I found online for the afghan. If I can get it finished halfway decent, I will post the link. I don't want to give someone's good pattern a bad rep for my rusty skills!
 I've also got a yummy pot of soup on the stove:

perfect rainy day soup
It's frozen Normandy Blend veggies in fat free chicken broth with some seasoned salt, thyme, and pepper. After it simmers most of the day, I will run it through the the blender and mmmm. It would be really good with some garlic-y croutons.
 I think it will be a good night to watch a classic movie. Think I'll go see if I still have a copy of  "Singing in the Rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.