Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Doing things heartily

*crochet        craft that developed in the 19th century out of a form of chain-stitch embroidery done with a hook instead of a needle. In crochet work the hook is used, without a foundation material, to make a texture of looped and interlinked chains of thread. In the late 1840s crochet was introduced into Ireland as a famine relief measure. In southern Ireland the industry centred in Cork, in northern Ireland at Clones in County Monaghan.


My afghan is working up nicely! I think I should have it done within a week if I work on it every evening.






And I was excited to find blooms on a blackberry bush this morning!



I started reading my kindle book Living on an Acre. At 15%, the book is still discussing the pros and cons of deciding to try this lifestyle. I am hoping it soon gets to actually living it. I will let you know how it turns out. I finally remembered to get potatoes at the grocery store today so I am off to try planting the roses.
Col 3:23  And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men

*"crochet." © Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc.. Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc.. 11 May. 2011. <Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/crochet>.

1 comment:

  1. Mom... I am SOOOO proud of you! You cited your source correctly and EVERYTHING! :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.