Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thunderation!!

My goodness, on our way back from Girls Night Out, a terrible storm blew up! We had to pull off the road more than once because we couldn't see it! Tornado sirens sounded and the wind blew! When we got home, our power was out so we went straight to bed and covered our heads. Wednesday morning we saw the results of the storm everywhere. Trees and power lines were down, roofs were torn off, barns were twisted like empty soda cans-what a mess. Our power was finally restored this (Thursday) evening but it was a tough time til it was. Since our home has a well run by an electric pump, we lost our water supply as well as everything electric. That meant toting jugs to town to get water for the pets, chickens, and rabbits. But I managed. I spent the evening throwing out the rotten food in the fridge and freezer. We didn't have any major damage outside and no one was hurt, thank God! More news to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.