Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rabbits!

As promised here is a picture of our rabbit set-up.



The extra cage on the left is for the bunnies when they get too big to stay with mama. The buck cage is on the right. The blue tarp on top rolls down and bungee cords attach it to the fence behind the cages-for days when the wind or snow blows. And here is a closer picture of our new rabbits:


Hopefully we will soon have bunnies to raise!

"A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed in keeping rabbits."-Dame Edith Sitwell

We worked a little in the garden today. The chickens scratched up the potatoes I had planted so we moved them (the potatoes, not the chickens!) into a barrel. We're trying the straw method for the first time. I got a late start getting them out but we should get new potatoes anyway. 
DH heads out tomorrow so I'll be flying solo for a while. Living and learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.