Monday, April 18, 2011

Grandmothers' wisdom

Proverbs 16:31  The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.

Today I took my grandma to the doctor for a check-up. As we were waiting for the doctor to come in, we talked about a lot of the things I have been working on at our little country place. It made me so happy to see her face light up talking about chickens, rabbits, and gardens. I would mention a problem I ran across and she would say, "yep, you'll have that." or "I remember that happening to us." Then she would go on to talk about growing up on a farm, reminiscing about her childhood. She had a lot of good suggestions I am going to try.
Today also would have been my grandma-in-law's birthday. We used to spend hours sitting and talking about her life growing up in the "Beech Hills" of Knox County. Her country upbringing was very important to her and she had shared a great many memories with me. I miss her very much but I know Heaven will be much better for me because she is there. I'm so thankful to my Father for the Godly women he has placed in my life and I will try to cherish their advice on our endeavor to tend the land God gave us.


Titus 2:3  The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
Titus 2:4  That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Titus 2:5  To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, what you know, what you want to know. I love your comments! I read them all and will try to answer any questions.